Tuesday, May 25, 2010

One of the stories that are happening with the foreign in libya from police men

A friend of me @Sofian  Sent me An email with  a picture tells a shameful Story Happened with a foreign national who is working in Libya with the Libyan police men.
The fact that this person is a photographer working in Libya

His story began with the time he was busy with Taking some pictures next to Hotel Currentia
And I will let you all hear the story of the owner 
"Rod Goodwin "


 Not had internet for 5 days now but found an unsecured wifi so making use of it.

Well it had to happen I suppose...

After taking some sunset shots thought I would take this shot.

30 seconds exposure at F11 with Lee 0.9 nd grad.

Shortly after pressing the shutter button two police men started to approach me and stopped me and tried to question me in Arabic, but we couldn't understand each other. Then they asked me for my passport and said that I was breaking the law and there was a problem. The guy just kept shaking his head saying problem all the time. After shitting myself for 45 minutes thinking that I was going to get lifted or the camera confiscated one of them took me to to one side as asked me to pay 50 Dinas (about £25) and they finally let me go.

The fact that they didn't want the memory card or to delete the image makes me think that they were just wanting to get some money out of me. Not sure whether the lack of passport or the shot was the biggest problem.

Happy with the shot so think it was sort of worth it. You can just make out a flourescent jacket on the far left. By the time the shot as finished they were righ up to me but with the long exposure it didn't really show.

I will now have to stay the beach side in the future...

If I can sell the shot to the hotel then that would be good but not sue if that might be a "problem" again

www.bluefinart.com

--------------------------------------------------------
The Photo was on flicker website
And I left a comment under the photo
view profile

Photographer Hibo says:

First i am really sorry for The Libyan police men..
It is happening with everyone a Libyan and non-Libyan.
i feel so sorry for you and for the others ,I really Feel sorry for you and everyone who comes to Tripoli Or Libya ..
I do not know Why the governments ignore these police in Libya.
Because they are a disservice to the country..

But i loved Your shot and it is am amazing
---------------------------

And I Sent him an emails too.One of them i
  Told him I am sorry for what this guys did to Him
(hello;
First i feel sorry for what the Libyan police men did to you ..
and i `d like to write about your story on my blog..
and i want to ask you if i can use a small size of your photo ..
i really wish to write by English about it..
and also on my facebook noted..)

. I Got the answer from him ...about my Question
 (No problem for the photo on your blog as long as you mention me:)
 -------------------------------------------------------
 
 This story is one of the hundreds of stories that are happening with the foreign  in my country from police and security
when they have to protect foreigners from the robbed,
the  police men are robbed Foreigners..and that really is unfortunate.
I do not know how the greater security not interested to stop those  men of such ill-treatment  that harm to our country in the eyes of the West.

I have been told my brother about a  Asian client who is working with them , he has found himself in many times  stopped on the road by the Libyan police men the foreign cars..
 foreign began  understand that he must put some money in the car  manual book or car license .

Is unfortunate and I am ashamed of these actions and i am not deny acquitted of these.

The picture on flickr call it;
Camera Action Police!


2 comments:

  1. I love the photo but the police, I am afraid it’s a third world country and what you expect from police, just to grab any chance to make money.
    I made my comment on this photo in flickr and I apologiesed to him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it’s a third world country,,,
    Thanks Tarek for send "Rod Goodwin " a comment under his photo that will let him know that we rent agree for what these police men did to him .
    he should see the good libyan people by us.
    i loved his photo too.
    He has Really Great photos To Tripoli.

    ReplyDelete